14 March 2012
Word Of The Week - Au Fait
I'd be thrilled if you left a note here or wrote a post with the phrase 'au fait' as the focus.
In addition to the defiintion provided you can be 'au fait' if you're acquainted with the facts; well informed; proficient; expert in or with something.
If I were to nominate areas in which I feel comfortable to say that I'm 'au fait' the following spring to mind:
* making a rich, scrummy, lip-smacking lasagne
* selecting, wrapping and presenting beautiful gifts
* the field of Gifted Education
* keeping Captain V happy & loved up
* Navigating shortcuts up and down the Sunshine Coast to get kids to sport on time - yay!
Things I'd love to be 'au fait' with:
* managing my comfort eating and anxiety [getting there]
* CPR and general first aid - coping well with snake bites, heart attack, stroke etc
* dealing with teen attitude [Captain V is the King of this, so there's hope!]
* the fine arts - art history, techniques, you name it, I'd love to have a great teacher to guide me
* the 'classics' in literature - as you know, I'm stepping my feet on this path with your guidance
* Paris, The Dordogne, Ubud, Italy, The Barossa Valley, Snow Pond, Tasmania.....actually this is a long list
* stand up paddle boarding
How about you? Don't give yourself too long to think about it, do as I did and tap it out.
If I'd thought more about it, I'm sure I'd revise my list significantly....so I'm going to press 'Post' now.