So here we are at the end of January already and what a month it has been!
In addition to the usual busyness of starting a New Year, many amongst us have had our mettle tested in one way or another. Destructive weather, serious illness, the loss of homes and livelihoods, deaths of loved ones, the list is not a happy one.
What has endlessly inspired me during these dark days, has been the irrepressible nature of those who have been beset by these challenges and those who have reached out to make a real difference to those in need.
For those presented with troubles, I have witnessed with admiration as these women moved forward with strength, honesty and grace.
Like the most beautiful pearls which form when a grain of sand enters the oyster shell irritating its owner, these women are taking their unanticipated dilemmas and coating them day by day with thoughtfulness, patience, healing tears and resilience.
They are women we admire, they are women we care about.
They inspire us, they help us reflect on our own lives and give thanks for what we have.
I would love it if you could spend a moment today to join with me in honouring these wonderful women by creating a strand of Lustrous Pearls together.
The way that I see it working is that you can either:
1. Write your own post about someone who has inspired you this month and add it to the Link or/
2. Simply write their name and add their blog URL
3. Please don't feel limited to adding just one 'pearl' - let's create a lovely long strand together!
3. Once you have added your own pearl, be sure to visit some of the sites listed and leave your own note of encouragement or thanks
4. If you would like to share this idea with your own readers I've created a button in the sidebar which has a link back to this post and our strand of lustrous pearls.
I know that the community of bloggers who read this are a thoughtful and sensitive group and hope that those of you who are added to the strand know it is your inspirational fortitude rather than your challenges that are being held up to the light.
Some of you will protest that what you are dealing with isn't as significant as someone's elses worries. The point is that the way in which you have dealt with your issue has been an inspiration and THAT, not the size of your problem is what makes you lustrous.
I sincerely hope that this is a positive way to end our first month of 2011 together.