You may have guessed by now that gift giving is one of my favourite things to do but I must admit that I do enjoy dreaming now and then about the ultimate gifts to receive.
The sparklingly gorgeous Karla at Ironmum Karla has tagged me in a little game where we have to share our 'Ulimate Christmas Wish List'.
Thanks Karla, I've had fun thinking this through and hope that all of you enjoy taking a peek at what I'm dreaming about finding under the Christmas tree this year....
1. Summer holidays in an exotic location.
This is the vista that would greet me if I were to stay at 'The Sun House' in Sri Lanka - one of the top picks from my travel 'Bucket List', ready and waiting for when the Lotto fairies knock at my door [remember this is my dream list]. Instead Captain V and I will be taking the 'Gifts' for a surprise trip to stay at Darling Harbour in Sydney.
I'm really looking forward to this holiday and any tips from Sydneysiders about 'what to do' and 'where to go' will be gratefully received.
2. A strong, fit and healthy body.
As you may know I'm navigating my way through the trials of Chronic Fatigue and this summer, Captain V and I will be working on building up my strength and uncovering the healthy me that I know is just waiting to burst forth from her chrysalis.
3. I'd love to hang this print in our foyer. It's titled 'Adam & Eve' by Harry Daily and is just one in a series that I truly love. I think this would be a fabulous way to greet guests and inspire us all to get down to the beach every day during the summer break.
4. We are a hammock-loving lot in our home and Captain V & I are due for a new one.
We currently own the most gorgeous blue and white woven number with scalloped fringing but I'm plumping for a Queen sized one in cream this year.
I can't remember where I snaffled this image from but it's been in my inspiration folder for a while now.
I'm imagining this hammock (+ cream scallops and fringing of course) and me lying there with a great book in hand & a cool drink within easy reach and I'm all sorts of happy.
5. A new straw hat and perhaps a snappy red & white kaftan to add to my collection and my summer wardrobe will be complete...these are from Sportscraft just in case you're wondering.
6. Clear skies, aquamarine seas and clean sand.....really what more could you want?
All of this is within minutes from my home and my wish is that we have a mild summer with a nice balance of sunny days and some rainy evenings to enjoy with family and friends.
So that's it, it was fun to reflect upon with the bonus being that when someone asks what I'd like for Christmas I can point them in this direction. Thanks Karla for tagging me.
Have I got you thinking about your own list? Well I'm thinking that I'd like to read some more.
I'm sending out the following 'tags' with the caveat that I know that some of you don't like to 'play games' and all of us are very busy, but it would be nice to know what it is you're wishing for, so in the spirit of sharing, I'm tagging:
* Jane 'Life On Planet Baby'
* Naomi 'Seven Cherubs'
* Jennie 'Posie Patchwork'
* Jeanette 'Everton Terrace'
* Margie 'latebloomerbuds' and
* Fee 'Chipper Nelly'
Happy day everyone!