19 August 2011
Gathering Gratefuls - A List...
Happy Weekend Lovely!
Today as I count my blessings there is much to be grateful for:
* These lilies are exuding the most glorious fragrance throughout our home at the moment and make me smile every time I walk past the sideboard that they're sitting on - thank you Captain V.
* There are a few elements in this vignette that remind me of my blessed good fortune.
In addition to the many starfish scattered throughout our home, I have a subtle beach theme in our decor.
The poorly framed tram roll of local towns and beaches is actually of my favourites and when I look at it I often ask myself, "Have you visited the water today?".
This week I can answer "Yes!" as I've been fortunate to take Luke on some walks by the river and hope to get down to the beach over the weekend for at least one early morning stroll.
* We have had lots of illness in our home of late so I am eternally grateful for doctors, medication, rest, clean fresh air and Olive Leaf......oh, and our improving health of course.
* My parents returned from a global adventure last Sunday and I'm so glad that they're back safe and sound with lots of treasured tales to share.....can't wait to see them and give them a great big hug.
* Visits from the wildlife. In addition to Violet and Velvet stopping by to eat & fertilise our grass, I've been able to hand feed a magpie from our front balcony and have had some close encounters with a family of juvenile kookaburras - hope to share some photos with you on Monday.
* Blogerista friends - for all of you who stop by regularly and leave a lovely note.
For for those whom I've been in cahoots with this week, for those who have stretched, reassured, encouraged or inspired me - thank you. You are a wonderful bunch and I treasure our connections.
I hope that you have a chance today to drink deeply in the lovely perfume of a bloom or to savour the company of someone you cherish. To enjoy time spent in nature or simply a strong and healthy body.
Over this weekend, I'd encourage you to take the time to write a little note and pop in into Maxabella's 'Grateful Basket' which always seems to be brimming full.....happy weekend!