A warm hello from my my home to yours.
It's a gorgeous sunny winter's day in my pocket of the world and although we had a brisk skip from the bed to the bathroom this morning, it's shaping up to be a 'cracker' with blue skies and not a skerrick of wind.
July has been a bit of a topsy-turvy month so far and I feel like I haven't been the best of bloggy friends with my correspondence, neither replying to the notes that you've so kindly left here or popping a message on your own posts. Please know that I have been visiting your spaces when I can and although I haven't been commenting often, I've tried to keep up with what you've been doing.
To everyone who left a message on my previous post I send a heartfelt thank you. Your thoughts were truly uplifting and my family have read them too which has been a special gift in itself.
Those of you who have been following along for a while will know that I'm working my way through a journey with anxiety, depression and chronic fatigue. This can be a nasty combo but one I know is shared by many. Over the last couple of weeks I've hit a bit of a snag and I've had to put my energies into my everyday life leaving me with less time to expend in Blogland. Although there's nothing to be worried about, I wanted to share this with you as I truly believe that the more people who stand up and acknowledge mental health issues, the less stigma will be attached to them and hopefully we can all live in a healthier, happier, more accepting community. Fingers crossed I'll be 'back on track' very soon sharing the gifts I know you love to receive and that I love to share.
On a brighter note, I would like to welcome my newest 'Gifters'.
Thank you for jumping on board, you are amongst a group of 362 discerning and truly wonderful people and as I'm all about creating a community of like-minded friends in this space I'd like to introduce you to a small group who are my Blogging Besties and whose spaces are 'must visits'.
This list could actually be MUCH longer as there are many of you who whom I'm so happy to call 'friend' but the following girls are truly glittering gems in my treasury of Blogerista friends:
- The gorgeous Jane who shares my love of words, stationery, all things French and much more. This wonderful lady is truly my greatest gift since starting my blogging adventure, I could write a whole page about why you should visit but instead I suggest you pop on over and say "Hi".
- Naomi who is a source of great reassurance as I wend my way through the maze that is step-parenting by sharing her own tried & true tips gleaned from thoughtfully raising her own seven cherubs. Naomi has so many wonderful features on her blog but I love her current focus on happiness, you must stop by if you haven't already. Today's post is truly poignant reading.
- The amazing and inspirational Maxabella who serves up great conversation at her place whenever you visit and is hosting THE most amazing giveaway - click 'You Must Enter' on my sidebar...
- Jennie my indomitable, clever, and wholly creative friend who inspires me at every turn.
- Cate alias Mrs Busy, if you think your life is a whirlwind of activity, you'll find a soulmate here.
I hope that your week ahead is a bright one filled with many gifts of serendipity, unexpected and lovely and I look forward to catching up with all that you've been up to.