I know, it's Sunday and I never post on Sundays, but I've had a double-burst of inspiration so here we are.
My friends Cate & Naomi are the beautiful 'double-bursts' and they have inspired me to write a list of 12 things that I like about myself. This is actually timely as it's something that I had put down on my '52-in-52' list and writing this post will enable me to tick off one more thing that I've achieved this month - thanks girls!
As someone who has been battling anxiety and depression for many years, writing this list doesn't come easily and there is a very loud voice in my head as I type yelling "Who do you think you are, no-one's going to want to read this, 12 you can't think of 12!". Rack off Gobbler of Good Thoughts!
1. My name means happiness and I have a big smile, laugh and heart to prove it
2. I have the capacity to inspire others with my enthusiasm - if I truly believe in something I will bring a huge amount of energy to make it happen and convince others too that it's a great idea
3 - 7 My parents have gifted me with many lovely qualities that I'm thankful for - my lovely long locks, big eyes, shapely calves and quick mind. My mother has imbued me with an awareness of 'presentation' and this has enabled me to create my own style. For these and many other gifts, thanks Mum & Dad.
8. My capacity to heal - I have had some big blows physically and emotionally over the last several years and I'm still here!
9. I have an appreciation for the inherent beauty in all creatures and things
10. Public speaking is something that I enjoy - which is probably one of the reasons why I first became a teacher then a consultant. I've received lots of positive feedback from my students, parents, work colleagues and clients - so thinking that I do this well can't all be in my head!
11. I come from a long line of 'quality' people whom I'm proud of - I like that I can tap into that
12. Creative expression has always been a pleasure for me whether writing, drawing or making something. Although I'm still finding my 'voice' on my blog, I do enjoy creating this space and hope that it brings something to others.
So there you have it. Thank you Cate and Naomi for the inspiration - it was a nice way to start my day.
Now, I'm off to amend my '52-in-52' list then make some ginger tea and Vegemite toast.
I hope you have a sparkling Sunday and may have been inspired to write your own list!