It's Saturday so it's time to reflect on some of the things that I'm grateful for inspired by my clever and thoughtful friend Maxabella. Each week I will reflect upon five things that I am truly grateful for.
Five little gifts of gratitude symbolised by the blue eggs in the Robins' Nest above.
* Energy - As someone who has been learning to manage their body whilst living with chronic fatigue, it has been wonderful to have had some great injections of energy this week.
* Working with enthusiastic people - On Wednesday I ran a parent session on positive advocacy at a local primary school and loved the receptive response of not only all who were present but the brilliant principal who hosted the event.
* Bright kids and dedicated teachers - Earlier in the year I wrote a program to enrich gifted kids titled 'The World At Your Feet'. On Wednesday it 'came to life' through the energy and enthusiasm of some truly wonderful and totally dedicated educators and of course the fantastic input of the kids themselves.
If you have ever been in a space where a group of people are doing something that they truly enjoy, there is an energy that is created that has been known to give me goosebumps!
* The terrific high school that Captain V's eldest child is attending and his second is getting ready to go to. On Friday the school held their annual orientation day for the students who will be entering as Year 8's in 2011. I was volunteering in the school's student cafe and was privy to lots of excited tweens laughing, singing, clapping and cheering. It is with great delight that we hand over the children to this school for their final years of school-based education.
* New shoes. I bought a pair of snappy green shoes last weekend and have been LOVING wearing them ever since. They are of the brand Nordic Fusion and have been not only super comfy but have added a little splash of happy to my walk. I know the colour won't be everyone's cup of tea but I have seem to have a lot of 'apple' green in my robe, so....
I'm sure that there are many things that you're grateful for too, why not head over to Maxabella's place and join in the fun....